If you are in turmoil about your weight, then please read on, this blog post is for you.
I don’t want you to suffer anymore as I know how detrimental it can be to your self esteem. On one hand you have all the good intentions of eating healthily and staying focused. But it can all go to hell in a hand basket within seconds. Any slightest little negativity you feel in your body can have you scurrying off on auto pilot off to the shops to buy some comfort food. That’s how I used to live anyway.
This whole cycle can feel like utter madness!
Here are 5 simple yet powerful steps to stop this whole cycle in its tracks.
1. Stop saying to yourself you are weak, you can’t lose weight, you’ll always be this way. Or whatever other negativity pops into your head. You can do this, people lose weight every day. It is possible for you to lose weight! Yes, you will have slip-ups that’s part of the journey, but if you stick with it, you will ultimately triumph.
Come up with a new mantra for yourself, and use this to block out the negativity in your mind. Sometimes you just got to Act “as if”. Meaning focus on the success before it’s happened. Tell yourself “each and every day I am closer and closer to my ideal weight”. Go on do it!
2. Set your alarm for 30 minutes earlier and get out the door to walk. This is possible, sure sometimes the weather might suck, but ultimately you are making things happen by doing this. You are starting to take action on what you want. This is crucial; no-one can do this for you. Bypass that lazy bit in your brain that wants to stay nice and warm. Prove to yourself you can make change.
3. Use a sound dietary strategy. What doesn’t work is faddy diets, calorie restriction, being hungry and not enjoying the foods you can eat. The dietary plan needs to be nourishing, contain real foods, suppress hunger, cravings and be providing you with energy. A low-carbohydrate-high-fat diet does all this, when implemented correctly.
4. Get enough sleep, ideally 7-9 hours a night. Lack of sleep can cause cravings for sugary, high carb foods. If you haven’t managed to sleep well for whatever reason, know you have to be really vigilant with yourself. Giving into those cravings won’t help the situation. In fact low-carbohydrate-high-fat foods (eggs, avocado, salmon) can blunt the craving signal. On these days it’s better to eat more fat than to begin the carbohydrate/cravings roller coaster.
5. Keep focused on what you want! If you want to be a slim size 10-12, think about how good you’ll feel when pulling on those slim cut jeans. No food tastes as good as slim feels.
I’m rooting for your success, if you have any questions please drop me a line.